Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Support the Director Product Apparel in executing the EUROPE short and medium-term objectives for the respective category.
- Implement and adapt European Product Apparel Differentiation strategies based on consumer and customer needs.
- Supports in influencing the development of global Apparel strategies through providing clear and relevant commercial input including consumer and channel needs and market particularities.
- Collaborate with global BU stakeholders to identify business opportunities in the market and maximize net sales and profitability opportunities (within Global and EUROPE strategic parameters).
- Responsible for Europe Category range selection and Global/ Europe/ Local alignment process within the parameters set by the EUROPE CTC Range Architecture to meet KPI’s.
- Responsible for all aspects of merchandising the Europe Category range including segmentation, efficiency, productivity, overlap, top line growth, margin development.
- Accountable for range pricing including harmonizing pricing across Europe.
- Accountable for supporting Global and Country sell-ins to both retailers and assets where required.
- Responsible for Commercial Input into Global and creating and embedding a process with the Countries to ensure high input quality.
- Accountable for the Category Forecast as part of IBP process.
- Responsible for KPI reporting of the Category.
- Accountable along with the CTC Analyst for scenario analysis required to the Category.
- Understand the European consumer and customer environment (retail) including distribution points, competitor ranges and pricing strategies.
- Support major product launches and presentations providing necessary sales support to ensure an effective sell-in launch process (e.g. SMM).
- EUROPE Senior Directors/Directors
- Global SQUADS
- Country GTM Managers
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGERS/DIRECTORS
- EUROPE Demand Planning
- Net Sales
- Go in Margin
- (Standard) Margin
- Brand KPI’s
- Category Market share – top 5 markets
- Category & Range efficiency; in particular global range components
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High professional maturity
- Highly collaborative with strong communication skills
- High influencing skills and ability to make fact-based decisions
- Strong analytical skills
- Structured, organized and process-orientated
- Cross functional marketing knowledge and market experience in sport and/or fashion/lifestyle categories.
- Consumer-focused with product and ranging experience with an understanding of balancing brand and commercial aspects to build channel specific GTM solutions
- Strong business acumen, ability to assume a broader perspective (cross-markets/global)
- Attention to detail as error in analysis will have crucial impact on business
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility to travel internationally
- Strong engaging presentation style
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in business preferred, ideally with marketing and sales focus or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5 years Merchandising/cross-functional marketing and/or sales experience experience
- Experience in a European market is an advantage
- Fluent in English; Additional language is an advantage