Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Senior District Manager Retail & Franchise (DM) supervises operations of own retail and franchise stores within assigned area with focus on delivering best brand and consumer experience.
Manages district and assigned stores with clear objective to deliver defined goals and financial and retail KPIs targets.
Leads the team of Retail Store Managers and supervises Franchise Store Managers & District Managers towards defined targets, creates vibrant consumer service culture with them and drives implementation and maintenance of excellent operational and brand standards in stores.
Provide guidance, cosultancy to the Franchisee teams to achieve a seamless customer mono-branded experience through the sharing of latest tools, information, training and proactive follow-up.
Represents retail knowledge and consumer first mindset, understands dynamic omnichannel retail environment.
Represents the adidas brand/company brands and products in inspiring and impactful way.
Delivering District and Store Targets / Goals:
- Senior District Manager Retail & Franchise (DM) is targeted with financial and retail targets for assigned area and stores, with focus on NS and Profit, along with strong focus on cost management, particularly personnel expenses.
- Senior District Manager Retail & Franchise (DM) is responsible and accountable to deliver targets in defined time with team of Retail Store Managers (RSM) and Franchise Store Managers (FSM) and Franchise Partner Manager/Director.
- Supervises management of resources within the assigned area and stores to provide consumers with a leading shopping experience and driving positive store experience NPS results.
- Senior District Manager Retail & Franchise (DM) is responsible to implement and operates area and stores within established policies, procedures, initiatives and directives.
Sales and Business:
- Lead and coach Retail Store Managers team and support Franchise Store Managers & District Managers team to deliver defined goals while supervising management of costs and expenses to deliver profitability targets.
- Understand and drive different store concepts and thier strategic importance within intergrated marketplace. Lead actions defined within strategy of integrated market place linked to stores and other adidas/brands consumer touchpoints within marketplace and store locations (online, omnichannel, trade zone, key city, communities etc.)
- Provide regular input to Senior Director Retail Operations and Franchise Partner Manager/Director and collaborate with different back office retail & franchise functions (Retail Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Merchandising & Allocations, Supply Chain, Profit Protection, Business Solutions/IT, Human Resources, Store Development, Retail Facility Management) to achieve sales & brand ambition.
- Drive consumer centricity via experience NPS process and improvements to reach excellent NPS score in the stores and consumer satisfaction.
- Lead implementation of omnichannel consumer journey experience along with designated omnichannel tools towards high quality omnichannel retail experience in stores together with setting standards and accountability to Retail Store Managers and Franchise Store Managers. .
- Drive improvements of omnichannel processes and usage of relevant tools (Ship from Store, Endless aisle, Click&Collect) and innovations for stores and teams.
- Actively provide feedback to retail back-office functions and stakeholders within assigned projects to be regular ‘voice of consumer’ for creating and improving retail operations and retail channel.
- Know how to set priorities in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines and show the necessary resilience.
Operations and Process:
- Supervise consistent implementation of retail operations standards, brand & visual merchandising standards, audit, health & safety, internal control and loss prevention policies and procedures in compliance with Global and Europe retail operations policy and procedure foundation (SOM, House of Retail, House of Franchise) in stores of the area.
- Lead Retail Store Managers, Franchise Store Managers and store teams accordingly about consistent implementation and usage of all applications, programs, tools, projects in store to drive performance and continuous improvements, still with focus on consumer-facing activities and having consumer-first mindset.
- Control processes and allocation of sources for back of house (BoH) and in front of house (FoH, shopfloor) activities, review with Retail Store Managers regularly allocation of sources and store teams set-up accordingly to ensure stores and teams are focused on relevant activities towards consumers.
- Control processes and allocation of sources for front of house (FoH, shopfloor) activities in Franchise store, review with Franchise Store Managers regularly allocation of sources and store teams set-up accordingly to ensure stores and teams are focused on relevant activities towards consumers.
- Supervise management and allocation of sources in stores efficiently to maximize key commercial moments, events, product launches.
- Enhance collaboration of retail & franchise back office functions to ensure consistent execution and implementation of brand and retail operations standards in the stores and allocation of resources, activities and processes to deliver an exceptional consumer experience in omnichannel retail.
- Manage and coordinate assigned projects for stores in the area on retail operations (opening, relocation, closure, remodel) in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders and functions involved.
- Manage, collaborate and actively participate in assigned projects from cluster, Retail Europe or other functions (e.g. Key City) if assigned or required.
- Actively participate on shopfloor and consumer-facing activities, ideally one peak day/month (e.g. Saturday) and during strong commercial periods/moments at least for ½ day.
- Manage multiple responsibilities at same time, whilst remaining focused on the consumer.
Teamwork and Leadership:
- Lead team of Retail Store Managers and Franchise Store Managers in area to build and role model collaborative environment by the establishment of clear shared goals, involving others in the decision-making process and building productive relationships.
- Leverage available tools to manage performance of Retail Store Managers (Mybest People Management tool) accordingly, succession, recruiting, hiring and development & talent management activities, resulting in high employee engagement enabling a learn and grow culture.
- Develop Retail Store Managers, Franchise Store Managers and store teams, make them grow in consumer centric way, role-model hero retail behaviours and identify space for improvements and strive for continuous improvement.
- Consult Franchisee Store Managers & District Managers to evaluate the competencies of their team and provides prompt and feedback and guidance to drive high performance.
- Supervise implementation of retail trainings and training plans in stores in all designated areas, including business, operations, sales/customer service, visual merchandising, while also coordinating with back office and supportive functions that all stores are trained in respective areas using efficient tools.
- Lead as an example of 3C’s leadership framework and coach Retail Store Managers on understanding behaviors of leadership framework of Confidence, Collaboration and Creativity.
- Retail & Franchise Backoffice functions
- Finance Retail
- HR Retail
- Franchise Partner Manager/Director
- Zone/cluster local teams.
- Influencers, communities, local assets.
- Landlords, mall/centers management.
- Other Senior District Managers Retail & Franchise Europe.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Consumer-first mindset.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong people management skills, role-modeling.
- Multiplier who amplifies and empowers team and colleagues and have an impact on them, helping skill up others.
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence across different levels and departments, internally and externally.
- Strong ability to understand and use financial data to make decisions and influence outcomes.
- Ability to make recommendations that effectively resolve challenging situation considering consistency with standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Comfortable with working in a matrix organization, dynamic retail environment.
- Performance / results driven attitude, open to change and act as advocate for the ‘new’, creative and collaborative mindset.
- Well organized, agile and flexible in combining work & travel duties.
- Passion for adidas brand/company brands, passion for sport.
- Proficient with MS applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other computer software (Internet, POS Systems, etc)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University Degree in Business (ideally in management or marketing or sales).
- Retail experience, retail expert with demonstrated business management skills and P&L ownership, or comparable business operations experience.
- Min 3 years team management and leadership experience.
- Min 8 years of relevant work experience, e.g. in a retail / in-store related role.
- Experience in working with digital tools and online systems, remotely.
- English fluent (speaking, reading, writing) and fluency in another language is highly desirable.