Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- To support administratively the Football Players area (mainly Spain, but also Portugal and Italy).
- This role plays an instrumental part in the way that the brand is portrayed within the global Spanish Women’s Football market and ensures on a day-to-day basis that we continue to raise the awareness and image of adidas as the No. 1 Global football brand.
- Servicing criteria at player is extremely demanding. This position relies heavily on interpersonal skills and relationship building to achieve higher levels of partner collaboration.
- Absolute consistency in the approach to servicing and gaining full value from player associations is critical and teamwork is essential to drive standards upwards.
- adidas has always been associated with the best symbols and provides the best service. The brand of choice by professionals.
- To support administratively the Football Players area with focus on the Spanish market. Portugal and Italy will also require support for servicing (10%).
- Key contributor to maintain the products feeding and billing process up to date.
- To detect, identify and sign the Spanish Women’s Football talents.
- To become a key contact in the world of Spanish Women’s players by providing excellence of servicing and product supply.
- To work within the adidas international Football team and contribute to the Global strategy by bringing local expertise and information.
- Key contributor to feed, maintain and exploit the player’s database by ensuring an accurate, regular, and professional update of the data.
- To utilise industry knowledge to provide feedback to the brand at all times: Players info, competitor activity, product feedback.
- Internal: brand marketing, BU, GTM, Athlete Service
- Football Sports Marketing teams Global & Local, adidas partners, Global Player Managers (to Local Player Managers)
- External: players, agents, clubs, football industry network
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Needs to have both football knowledge and business mindset. Football product Knowledge.
- Understanding of the issues facing players (e.g., financial, media, moving, languages, etc.) and the ability to help adidas develop programs to assist players with these issues…
- The individual must be highly motivated and focused on task in hand. Must be extremely well organized with an empathy towards the sport is dealing with.
- Good planning & organization.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Good communication-verbal and written skills.
- Proficiency with computers and standard software (Microsoft Office and SAP).
- Commercial awareness, knowledge of the sporting goods business model.
- Ability and commitment to retain absolute confidentiality concerning all business matters.
- Driven to succeed and deliver against goals and work expectations.
- Schedule flexibility: Position requires substantial travel (10% to 20%) for meeting with agents, clubs and attendance to games and activations.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Education in Marketing or University degree would be ideal.
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Minimum B2 level.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in the Sports Marketing industry.