Do you want to work in a dynamic, international, and fast-growing company with a future in mind? Then we might have the job for you!
Before talking about the role… you may ask “Just who is VF?”
Well, we are the global Company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands, such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Supreme, Dickies Life, Eastpak and Kipling. As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
Our new Distribution Centre (DC) in Bardon, Coalville has just gone live and we’re looking for a Quality Control Supervisor to join us.
We believe that our associates have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us and this is role would be great for someone who has previously worked as quality auditor in footwear and apparel and is passionate about our Brands.
Let’s talk about the role!
Your primary responsibility as Quality Control Supervisor will be to detect quality errors by accurately checking and evaluating finished products for our amazing Brands – Timberland, Vans and The North Face and ensuring that they meet the set quality standards.
You will you ensure that the procedures are always followed in line with the Company policies and VF standards are complied with in term of safety, productivity, costs…
We expect that our Quality Control Supervisor fulfils the following aspects of the role:
* To audit incoming shipments in our Bardon Distribution Centre by monitoring deliveries and calling the boxes for inspection to the workstation
* To ensure the shipment meets the high-quality standard of the Brand and the specifications with the correct use of information: brand website, technical product description, brand catalog
* To carefully check and log results on the inspection sheets via PKMS and to ensure the audit reports are filled in
* To update and adjust the stock accordingly and to provide all departments with status updates.
* To work closely with other DC Supervisors and Team Leaders from other departments
* To ensure a smooth distribution of shipments
* To update the daily status tracking of incoming shipments liaising with the PO team in our HQ in Switzerland.
* To communicate with the web- merchandising team in regard to deviations between the Brand website and product
* To consistently contribute for the optimization of processes
Skills for Success
With your ability to build strong working relationships with a diverse range of people you will also bring the following skills to the role:
* Experience in a similar role as Quality Control/Auditor
* The ability to communicate with all levels of Stakeholders
* Attention to details and the ability to distinguish shades, colours and shapes in garments is paramount
* The ability to understand data and excellent communication skills both verbally and over emails.
* Strong knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft packages.
* Passion for our Brands
* Fluent spoken and written English
What’s in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary, benefits & pension scheme as well as a 50% staff discount on all our brands.
However, it’s not just our products that set us apart from others. Our people make us who we are. That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer so much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles work together and express their true selves
* Fantastic health and wellbeing initiatives; we are also a “Time to Change” employer, committing to ending mental health discrimination in the workplace
* Great onsite facilities, a subsidized canteen, gym, a wonderful garden to relax in during break times
* Excellent family friendly policies to support associates through some of life’s most significant events
At VF, we don’t just make the world’s best apparel and footwear, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet.
So, if you like what you have read, we would love to hear from you.
VF is an Equal Opportunity employer. We’re committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and treating our associates and applicants without any discrimination.
Location: Leicestershire, England