Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Lead, manage and deliver large-scale Distribution Center & Supply Chain projects and manage project portfolio on a EMEA level across brands and respective functions within the boundaries of time, cost & quality while focusing on the customers’ expectations and requirements.
- Proactively identify economically beneficial opportunities, develop the concept and return on investment for Senior Leadership within SCM and Business. Determine appropriate sponsorship and secure project funding.
- Monitor and identify future trends in the industry and give new impulses to the organization
- Lead and manage to successfully deliver global and x-functional SCM projects/programs, end-to- end for Market EMEA, ideally by applying a standardized project implementation methodology effectively together with a team of project managers and engineers
- In conjunction with x-functional Senior Leadership and Executives determine and drive the project/program scoping phase to be able to design detailed project plans and multi-year roadmaps.
- Manage the execution and completion of the defined project plans/roadmaps through effectively coordinating people and resources
- Drive and measure engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures to ensure KPIs are met
- Drive productivity and efficiency projects, working with DC Productivity global and market teams
- Set and monitor the project variables (cost, effort, scope, etc.) against the project plan in order to implement corrective or preventative actions.
- Lead the change management approach for respective projects/programs and ensure changes are smoothly and successfully implemented to achieve lasting benefits.
- Finalize all activities across the projects/programs to formally close and hand over the project, ensuring project documents are approved, completed, maintained and stored appropriately.
- Think globally and x-functionally in order to identify project and program dependencies and their impact. Liaise with the appropriate x-functional business leaders and project managers, to resolve any issues and proactively offer solutions.
- Form and lead multi-functional project team resources (internals and externals) to deliver and support projects and programs. Influence Senior Leaders to allocate project resources to secure the project/program workforce.
- Manage, coach, develop and train the formed project team members, input into performance reviews, provide feedback and allocate work considering complexity and experience level
- Partner with the internal Supplier Management department in order to engage external suppliers (e.g. negotiations of fixed priced contracts, conduct interviews, financial management of external supplier costs)
Financials and Controlling
- Establish project controlling as an independent element within the projects and programs to verify and control the project costs on time in full. Ensure continuous availability of the project cost status. Apply appropriate methods for project controlling, e.g. risk analysis, simulation calculations, target-actual comparison
- Manage project budget through tracking and reporting the monthly budget accruals and variances and ensure timely and accurate invoicing
- Foster a proactive and creative dialogue where individuals gain other people’s perspectives on critical and complex issues
- As conflicts and escalations arise within projects/programs ensure transparency and clarity to key stakeholders, and resolve in a timely and appropriate manner
- Use appropriate and effective communication methods to Senior Leadership and Executives throughout the project/program life cycle
- Identify and maintain an in-depth stakeholder portfolio and broad network map, incorporating relevant departments within SCM and adidas in order to deliver and embed the projects/program.
- Build the appropriate structure to be able to manage the respective organization effectively, identify and develop the future talents and create realistic succession scenarios for key positions
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level by creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocate the different projects/programs and work streams to the respective teams and employees considering experience, project complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and SCM objectives
Individual key responsibilities:
- Invest in future talents through Coaching and Mentoring, supporting internal processes around recruitment and onboarding and celebrating SCM as an employer of choice
- Establish innovation and continuous improvements culture. Elaborate and drive future oriented fulfillment center innovation and improvement initiatives
- Full project budget responsibility
- Pro-active (engaging & impact-oriented) mindset, ability to think end-to-end with a global mindset
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex data and develop innovative solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures
- Business mind set: strong numerical and analytical skills, experience in finance
- Strong experience in managing complex projects and programs on a global level
- Strong experience in working on several projects simultaneously
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills (small and large groups) especially when interacting with different levels of business
- Ability to provide a clear framework for performance to direct reports/project team
- Ability to coach, guide and manage a (project) team
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
- Fluent English (verbal and written),
- Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Supply Chain Management, Information Systems and/or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive work experience in large-scale project or program management
- 5+ years leadership experience
- Strong experience with managing complex Supply Chain and Distribution Center projects. Ideally experience related to leading Greenfield/Brownfield Distribution Center projects and process optimization (of i.e. material flow) projects.
- Ideally PMI certified