At adidas, we believe that “Through Sport, we have the power to change lives”.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers, and the best way to accelerate this process is through Digital.
Our tech hub in Zaragoza is providing the technical solutions to the fast growth adidas digital business. We create the vision, design, build and operate everything related to digital B2C business, or internal solutions, for adidas. From online web and mobile stores, to digital marketing, to internal products used during product creation lifecycle.
Are you ready to live adidas experience?
Being one of adidas’ core digital priorities, the Digital Creation program aims at digitizing the entire product design and creation process in adidas. By establishing an end-to-end design to production process based on 3D data, we will unleash new creative potential in product creation and, at the same time, streamline processes by enabling better communication and decision making. This is achieved by building, integrating, and connecting innovative 3D application and solutions to provide leading tools to our internal customers.
For more information and examples of our work please check our 2017 and 2018 SIGGRAPH presentations:
As a Senior Software Developer 3D Algorithms and Plugins, you will be working on cutting edge 3D design and creation for our internal Design and Creation teams.
- You will join a team of talented and passionate software engineers that will help adidas deliver the best products.
- You will be part of the technical experts of the application stack as well as the underlying infrastructure and have direct responsibility for:
- Design, code, verify, test, document, amend and refactor our plug-ins and custom algorithms in tools like Clo3D, Adobe Illustrator and Rhino, ensuring the highest quality in the deliverables.
- Work in collaboration with your team assisting in the design definition and management of requirements and components of larger software systems.
- QA excellence, specifically automatic testing (performance, functional, smoke, …)
- Continuous integration, automated testing and automatic deployment to ensure frequent and reliable releases with minimum downtime
- Highest application scalability, performance and stability.
- Apply best-in-class standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. Collaborate in reviews of work with others as appropriate.
What we are looking for:
- Strong knowledge of software and algorithm development, tools and processes and passion for latest technology and consumer value delivery.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Graphics technologies, in particular: rendering, data structures and virtual materials (BRDF; B***F)
- At least 7 years of experience in overall software development with exposure to the full product development cycle – from requirements through post-release.
- 5+ years of experience in algorithm development with C++, C# and Python.
- 3+ years of experience in developing custom Plug-Ins for 3D or 2D graphics tools (Preferably Rhino, Clo3D, Adobe Illustrator, Modo or Blender)
- 3+ years of experience using 3D graphics frameworks (e.g., OpenGL, DirectX, Vulkan) or game engines (Unity and Unreal).
- Experience in developing for both Windows and Mac.
- 2 years of proven working experience leading a team.
- College or university degree with focus on IT or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Proficient spoken and written command of English.
Main technologies we use:
- Visual Studio and XCode as a development environment.
- C++, C# and Python as primary programming languages.
- OpenGL, Three.js and Babylon.js as graphics frameworks.
- Disney principled BRDF and Unreal shading model.
- Nice to have experience:
- Responsive Single Page Application development, Typescript.
- rest API’s with Node JS, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins.
- CI/CD: Jenkins.
- Cloud platforms: AWS.
- Agile methodologies: Scrum/Kanban.
What we offer:
- Be part of a company where digital transformation, innovation and continuous improvement are core principles of our culture.
- Join a team of talented and passionate engineers, with a lot of opportunities to learn, grow and reach your expectations.
- Individual development, training and a tech community.
- Sport friendly environment, great work-life balance and flexibility.
- Competitive salary, benefits and valuable discounts on adidas & Reebok products.
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.
Do you have experience, or want to learn all the technologies we use? Are you looking for growing professionally within adidas? We are happy to receive your application.