Join us as a Health & Safety Coordinator
Before talking about the role… you may ask “Just who is VF?”
Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands, such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Supreme, Dickies Life, Eastpak and Kipling. As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
Our new Distribution Centre (DC) in Bardon, Coalville has just gone live and we’re looking for a Health & Safety Coordinator to join us.
We believe that our associates have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us and this is role would be great for someone who has a keen interest to become a Health & Safety professional.
Let’s talk about the role!
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the site has robust Health, Safety and Environment administration and that the site’s safety records and audits are captured and documented. You will work alongside the Health & Safety Specialist to ensure Safety engagement is consistent throughout the DC and that our facilities and support teams are engaged.
We expect that our Health & Safety Coordinator fulfils the following aspects of the role:
* Contribute to site Reward and Recognition through actively promoting and rewarding compliance and excellence in Safety, Health and Environment
* You will support the H&S Department with the day to day administration
* Contribute to the site Purpose commitments through actively supporting Environmental and Wellbeing initiatives on Site
* Ensure Health and Safety Reporting is accurate and timely
* Engage and support the DC operations team to raise safety issues
* Monitor and maintain required safety checks in line with maintenance and safety calendar (legionella, fire safety, PAT, tools etc)
* Maintain the documentation of accidents and incidents through the site’s recording methods, ensuring actions are closed or mitigated to prevent reoccurrence.
* Carry our routine audits and checks on site safety equipment
* Support the delivery of site budget through equipment and supplies monitoring, ensuring safety of the user is at the centre of decision making
Skills for Success
With your ability to build strong working relationships with a diverse range of people you will also bring the following skills to the role:
* A passion for Safety and the desire to learn the knowledge and skills required for the role
* Confident when talking to others, able to support associates to follow site and safety processes
* Confident with Microsoft Packages
* Experience in an administrative role
* Previous experience in a distribution centre, in particular an automated eCommerce, Retail and Wholesale environment with significant exposure to the apparel/footwear industry
* Fluent spoken and written English
What’s in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary, benefits & pension scheme as well as a 50% staff discount on all our brands.
However, it’s not just our products that set us apart from others. Our people make us who we are. That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer so much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles work together and express their true selves
* Fantastic health and wellbeing initiatives; we are also a “Time to Change” employer, committing to ending mental health discrimination in the workplace
* Great onsite facilities, a subsidized canteen, gym, a wonderful garden to relax in during break times
* Excellent family friendly policies to support associates through some of life’s most significant events
At VF, we don’t just make the world’s best apparel and footwear, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet.
So, if you like what you have read, we would love to hear from you.
VF is an Equal Opportunity employer. We’re committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and treating our associates and applicants without any discrimination