Own the game:
adidas International Trading AG is looking for a Global Procurement Manager responsible for delivering superior results and competitive advantage in the area of Logistics and Distribution Procurement. In the role you will co-orchestrate the Logistics spend to get the best value for adidas while improving our supply chain efficiency and resilience through breakthrough ideas, best-in-class approaches, robust sourcing cycle and supplier relationship management. Ultimately the person will balance total cost of ownership while defining the strategic and tactical direction.
You will confidently lead transformation and optimization of procurement processes and interface with cross-functional stakeholders to provide efficiencies across areas, regions and categories.
Join us and OWN THE GAME.
- Define with the Director Global Procurement Distribution the global sourcing strategy and translate into a roadmap for future adidas network
- Govern and support strategy implementation to enable market strategies and savings realization
- Co-lead transformational capital investment projects for across adidas own and 3rd Party Logistics distribution centers network
- Benchmark category best practices and innovation opportunities to identify initiatives for improvement
- Execute defined sourcing initiatives as per strategic methodologies, negotiate and secure best in class legal agreements with vendors
- Drive analysis, industry/market and supplier intelligence, benchmarking, and business decisions models to address demand and boost ROI of CAPEX projects
- Consolidate requirements and act as business partner for business/ other functions,
- Support building specific strategic plans in alignment with relevant stakeholders and in tune with global business strategies and financial budgets
- Lead/ support contract implementation and drive contract compliance on a global basis
- Build outstanding relationship with adidas partners and deliver value beyond savings through strategic improvement programs
- Global & Market Procurement
- Global Logistics, Distribution & Engineering
- Global Engineering
- Regional Operations Heads
- SCM global and market-based teams
- Regional / Local DC Operations Management
- Key business functions like Legal, Finance & Controlling, Insurance, Global Business Services)
- Suppliers Sales, Engineering and Leadership Key Account and Sales Managers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Very good background in Transport & Distribution processes and supply chain management, specifically in Warehousing, Material Handling Equipment & Warehouse Automation
- Knowledge and experience in projects and process management, specifically Distribution Centers investments
- Strong ability to analyze data, prepare fact-based decision models, challenge technical specifications, and influence demand
- Good knowledge of how to execute a Procurement Category Strategy and arrange best in class contracts
- Good knowledge of Procurement methodologies and concepts, category management and business partnering
- Capability to independently interact throughout the adidas Group and to work with virtual teams
- Strong knowledge of procurement tools and data mgmt., content, and automation (E-sourcing, p2p -SRM & Ariba-, e-catalogues, buying channels, etc.)
- Good analytical, presentation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Action oriented and solution minded team player with high degree of self-management
- University degree with emphasis on the areas of Transport & Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, Economics, Procurement
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a functional domain of Procurement Transport & Logistics category or Distribution Centers OPS Mgt.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office, especially EXCEL
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates with diverse experiences, backgrounds, and identities. We empower equal opportunities and want the best people in our team.