Senior Manager Market Acceleration
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Digital is the single biggest opportunity we foresee towards 2020, with digital wholesale (online sales through our Partners digital touchpoints e.g. websites and apps) being a key contributor to this growth.
The key purpose of the Digital Partner Commerce (DPC) organization is to ensure we (adidas) grab the full potential with our key digital partners (e.g. Pure player, eMarketplace and omnichannel retailers) and deliver a premium online presentation to compete in a multi-brand environment. This is a key digital wholesale function and will serve as the key interface towards the Market DPC teams and act as the voice of the Markets towards the Global organization.
As we grow our expertise at a global level to drive digital acceleration, and build digital capabilities to win the consumer in a digital wholesale environment, it is critical to strengthen our ability to impact our market businesses and connect global strategy, tools and know-how with local realities through comprehensive plans.
The Senior Manager Market Acceleration will act as the interface between global DPC and market DPC teams. He/she will animate market digital wholesale performance by leveraging the DPC performance dashboards and will co-own market “constant improvement plans” to secure the delivery of our 2025 digital wholesale ambition. Furthermore, he/she will drive adoption of tools and methodologies and will secure consistency in approaches to digital wholesale performance and execution. The senior manager market acceleration will also be responsible for animating the community of DPC business leads, fostering practice sharing and co-creation / input into global strategy and plans.
- Frame – together with market DPC leads – market DPC plans and continuous improvement structure and process, and drive adoption through markets. Ensure align, plan and execute against adidas Wholesale strategy and growth targets.
- You will drive the adoption of the DPC “how to win” practice in markets, and will create and fuel the virtuous loop to constantly update global expertise
- Work with Partner Development to identify the relevant initiatives to be factored in the market acceleration plans
- Play a key role in working with key Global Functions, Market Commercial and Wholesale Leads to define strategic, organisation and process changes to ensure we are successful at implementation and execution of the growth drivers
This will be achieved by
- You will be a main point of contact for market DPC partner development leads and will be responsible for animating the community, foster practice sharing, identifying potential synergies and common challenges, and coordinate collective efforts to address them
- You will closely partner with global key account management teams to secure consistency between market digital wholesale & account acceleration plans.
- Organize, lead and demonstrate expertise regularly in key forums e.g. Global Sales, Digital & Commercial SLT and Customer meetings
- Contribute to build the talent and capability in the global wholesale teams and in the Markets and help to drive the change across the wider organization (resourcing and skills needs to win in digital)
- Raise the roof on eCommerce best practice & ways of working across the Sales & Brand organization
- Global: DPC teams, global wholesae (GKA, sales dev., finance)
- Markets: DPC leads / partner development leads, alliance KA teams, VP wholesale
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for all things eCommerce (combination of own eCom and retailer.com): you know how to influence the digital path to purchase with accounts that sell adidas products, and have proven data analytical skills
- Leadership, business acumen and decision making skills: a strong track record of high performance and delivering growth, with a proven methodology that works. Able to create clarity and operate with the confidence needed to make tough decisions, often without all the information at hand
- Strong communicator and collaborator: You work effectively with all members of the organization, from individual contributors to top execs.
- Results-oriented: You have a bias for action and delivery that creates business value & impact. When problems arise, you reliably produce responses, thoughtful solutions then role up your sleeves to implement.
- Entrepreneurial: You always question if something can be done better, and don’t overly rely on processes and external resources when it comes to getting things moving.
- Emotional Leadership: Energize and mobilize people around a vision; creating energy and momentum in the face of change; channels energy positively toward solutions; responding to criticism and setbacks in a balanced way
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Functional: Extensive experience in the Digital Business across multiple disciplines with a focus on Account Management, eCommerce & Digital Marketing
- Business: minimum 5 years’ experience working at a senior level and demonstrating strong business acumen and growing a business
- Cross-functional experience ideally with marketing / sales / finance
- International have worked in more than one region