For over 50 years Vans has been about the people that have made the brand “Off The Wall”. The people that chose this simple canvas shoe and adopted it to express themselves creatively. At the end of the day it’s not only about the product, it’s what those products mean that make the difference – what they mean to those of us who design, manufacture, and market them, and what they mean to you, our Vans family, who affix our personality to your own.
As a member of the EMEA Merchandising Group, the Merchandising Operations Manager will act as the hub between Merchandising teams and other key cross functional partners, eg. Planning/Sales Operations/Global. We will focus on Consumer Environments through a Digital Mindet to increase consumer connectivity, bringing the right product assortments to the marketplace at the right moment. This role will be the driver of improvement in our data capabilities, product information accuracy, sales report analysis of bookings/performance, understanding marketplace capacity and alignment of multiple cross functional processes.
What will you do?
* Lead for Merchandising in all operational projects/discussions with cross functional teams
* Represent the region with Global Teams
* Partner with sales operations for reporting – what’s needed/when/details
* Support Merchandising Leadership team and work with them to continually identify areas of improvement for Merch Ops
* Key driver in process improvement projects, eg. Chameleon/Enovia/Flex PLM
* Line list/Flex/Enovia ‘super user’
* Represent Merchandising Team in Master Data conversations
* Lead Merchandising conversations with GTM Director for process improvement
* Run key GTM countdown meetings
* Drive the GTM calendar for Merchandising
What you need to succeed?
* 5+ years’ experience in a Merchandising/Operations/Planning role
* University Degree in related field
* Passion for Vans and the lifestyle it represents
* Strong experience in action sports industry
* Excel and Power Point Expertise
* Fluent in English
* Cross-Dept work attitude
* Collaborates and communicates effectively
What’s in it for you?
* Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand
* Join a multi brand, multi countries organization to drive you career forward
* International, fun yet challenging working culture