Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Reporting into the Senior Manager Marketing Activation Retail & Franchise, this role is responsible for winning the consumer at the point of purchase while maximizing the profitability of the adidas Berlin flagships by positively impacting Traffic, Conversion and NPS (NET PROMOTER SCORE). This will be achieved by landing the brand with consistency, clarity, and impact through flawlessly executed consumer-relevant campaigns, promotions, and in-store communication at the stores.
To lead and grow a strong and successful in-store link between the consumer retail experience and the adidas brand in the adidas flagship stores Berlin by connecting, engaging, enabling and inspiring the Key City relevant communities and influencers 365 days a year, building an authentic and long-term relationship with them.
Leads and drives best in class retail event activations & marketing initiatives and supports the vision & future of the adidas brand in the Berlin flagship stores.
Store Activation Strategy
- Ensure, that the best of the best of adidas, including the most exciting technology innovations, exciting hyper local stories, consumer experiences and in store events, will be showcased in the flagship stores and the brand center.
- Define yearly marketing activation priorities, KPIs (KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS), budget and calendar based on the Global and European activation calendar and toolkits while also leveraging local opportunities (partners, local holidays, heavy tourist periods, product ranges, local sports moments) within adidas Berlin and the audience in mind.
- All Plans shared and agreed by all relevant stakeholders (Retail Marketing, Brand Marketing, Key City, Operations)
- To drive forward a new partnership model to add physical or digital experiences within the stores around campaign launches to give added value, excitement, and sharable moments to customers.
- Create reports dedicated to local and global teams.
Social/PR/Creators Club & Membership
- Build store activation content creation plan with the Newsroom & E-com teams, and/or external media partners.
- Deliver high quality social/PR content to the local, European, and global Brand Marketing teams.
- Anticipate store posts and newsletters in the consistent social media roll-out of the Newsroom, e-com team and adidas Creators Club.
- Leverage existing communities (e.g., adidas Runners, The Sports Base, AFC, SCC…), Entertainment and Influencer Marketing and Sports Marketing partners to amplify the overall store plans.
- Actively drive the achievement of set Creators Club & membership targets. Ensure relevant campaigns are linked with the membership programs – find new ways to connect physical and digital retail.
- Constant connection and collaboration with the adidas Berlin Flagship Store Management team to support a smooth and consistent process for Marketing Activation events.
- Know all adidas Berlin KPI targets and how to achieve them to further support commercial opportunities in the store through activations and events.
- Proactively ensure all store staff are informed and educated to a high standard about plans in close cooperation with District Director, Store Managers, and the Consumer Experience Team.
- Actively participate on shopfloor and consumer-facing activities, ideally one peak day/month (e.g. Saturday) and during strong commercial periods/moments at least for ½ day.
VM and Windows:
- Develop state-of-the-art hyper local campaign executions to ensure an exciting and flawless consumer experience considering all relevant store touchpoints (windows, digital tools, launch zone, category lead-in etc.)
- Establish a network of local partners / agencies to deliver bespoke solutions.
- Align the window & launch zone strategy with the Senior Manager Marketing Activation Retail & Franchise and the ISC strategy with the VM team.
- Set up regular store walk throughs with the District Director, Store Managers and VM to ensure a flawless consumer journey.
- Work within budget / On time in full
- Manage, lead, and take ownership for the Key City Marketing Activations team, ensuring they all have the knowledge and practical skills required and promote a high-performance culture by setting clear expectations and individual goals to focus the team/organization on key drivers that impact success.
- Build a strong internal network with back-office teams to enable creating a speed boat way of working.
- Know and use internal tools for daily efficiency (Ariba, MWB tracker, GROW, Ariba, DAB etc)
- Europe and global Retail Marketing to execute the seasonal flagship store activation program.
- Central Omni channel including VM for support in delivering the brand campaigns.
- Central Retail organization, Retail Director, District Director, Store Managers, Retail Experience Team, and other Key City store staff.
- Brand Marketing, key city team, PR and social team for connecting to the locally relevant influencers, to drive traffic and raise awareness of the flagships.
- Central Sports Marketing, PR, Entertainment and Influencer Marketing.
- Local marketing agencies and vendors for various events and activations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced in being consumer obsessed, putting the consumer journey at the heart of everything to encourage dwell, conversion, engagement and traffic.
- Great attention to detail with strong event management experience
- Strong knowledge of the City’s sports, entertainment and influencer scene
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks while staying calm under pressure with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Solid business acumen and in-depth knowledge of Retail KPIs
- Creative and innovative, being proactive with ideas and always seeking new ways of working.
- Confident nature to bring innovative ideas to the table and present them to senior stakeholders.
- Passion for sport, the adidas brand and enthusiasm/energy for activation.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in marketing and sales or equivalent professional experience.
- 3-5 years retail or marketing experience (minimum 1-2 years retail marketing experience essential)
- Experience of relevant PR / marketing / events is an advantage.
- Management experience