adidas Key City Store Introduction:
The Berlin Halo store will be the pinnacle brand expression where the physical and digital world come together to create remarkable retail experiences that are uniquely adidas.
Key City Flagship & Halo stores such as LDN, Paris, NYC, Dubai and Shanghai are our best-in-class brand standard in our most influential cities. They feature the most exciting technological innovations, engaging stories, exclusive products, consumer experiences and in-store events.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The Visual Merchandiser Manager is a role created to manage the Halo Visual Merchandising team, to contribute and meet or exceeding store sales and profit targets by ensuring the efficient and effective execution of the European and Global visual merchandising direction in the adidas Halo store.
Through best-in-class visual merchandising executions, this role will be pivotal in ensuring an adidas brand representation and provide a leading consumer experience in the adidas Berlin Halo store.
- drive layout proposals (bubble & microplan level), product rotation and implementation
- create clear Shop –In-Shop’s to emphasize category presentation
- Apply and maintain Brand Retail and VM Standards
- Ensure all windows and activation spaces are presented to a high standard
- Create inspiring Mannequin styling and staging in strategic positions to inspire and attract consumers
- Ensure lighting direction matches product focus and fixture placement
- Ensure overall tidiness of sales floor, as well as product steaming
- Brief In-Store Communication tool needs to Marketing Activation department
- Ensure correct use and positioning of In-Store Communication Tools and price communication
- Flawless execution on Campaign activities aligned with Marketing Activations department
- Weekly output of brand, commercial and training information to VM Team, relevant for weekly store reports
- Weekly photo submission, following the VM Compliance best practices requirements
- Monthly shop floor and layout updates to be uploaded in the Space Management system
- Manage, lead and take ownership for the Visual Merchandising team within the Halo store, ensuring they all have the knowledge and practical skills required and promote a high-performance culture by setting clear expectations and individual goals to focus the team/organization on key drivers that impact success.
- Build a strong internal network with back office teams to enable creating a speed boat way of working.
- Build a strong network with EMEA Flagship & Halo stores
- Know and use internal tools for daily efficiency (THINK TIME, GROW, MICROSTRATEGY, SPACE MANAGEMENT, DABOX, CCI, MY BEST …)
- Measure the effectiveness of all activities against the retail KPI’s and report accordingly, through GROW and MicroStrategy
- Provide presentations, reporting data and feedback to relevant parties on request
- Update Money mapping on a weekly basis to prove Visual Merchandising as a profit center contributor
- Constant connection with Store Management/Team, as well as knowledge of store business and KPIs.
- Ensure store staff are trained, educated and informed about VM brand retail standards
- Actively participate on shopfloor and consumer-facing activities, ideally one peak day/month (e.g. Saturday) and during strong commercial periods/moments at least for ½ day.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for the brand and enthusiasm/energy for visual merchandising
- Creative and innovative
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Strong collaborator with both internal and external parties
- Ability to work closely as part of a small team but also using own initiative
- Fluent in English
- Good IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, MicroStrategy)
- Fluency in English
- Good numeracy, literacy, verbal and written communication skills
- Good commercial skills and retail business knowledge
- Geographical mobility across the cluster
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Secondary education or equivalent professional experience
- 5 years dedicated VM experience
- 3 years dedicated people management experience