Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Reporting into the Marketing Activation Manager Flagship Stores Berlin (MAM) and supporting them in all aspects of the Marketing Activations campaigns in the adidas Flagship store, this role is responsible for contributing to win the consumer at the point of purchase while supporting to maximize the profitability of the Store by positively impacting Traffic, Conversion and NPS. This will be achieved by landing the brand with consistency, clarity, and impact through flawlessly executed consumer-relevant campaigns, promotions and in-store communication.
To support a strong and successful in-store link between the consumer retail experience and the adidas brand in adidas Berlin by connecting, engaging, enabling and inspiring the Key City relevant communities and influencers 365 days a year, building an authentic and long-term relationship with them
To maintain best in class retail event activations & marketing initiatives and supports the vision & future of the adidas brand in the Berlin flagship store.
Store Activation Strategy
- Support the MAM in the yearly marketing activation priorities, KPIs (KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS), budget and calendar based on the Global and European activation calendar and toolkits while also leveraging local opportunities (partners, athletes, local holidays, heavy tourist periods, product ranges, local sports moments) within adidas Berlin and the audience in mind.
- To maintain a new partnership model to add physical or digital experiences within adidas Berlin / Hamburg around campaign launches to give added value, excitement, and sharable moments to customers.
- Create reports dedicated to local and global teams
Social/PR/Creators Club & Membership
- Support the build of store activation content creation plan with the Newsroom & E-com teams, and/or external media partners.
- Deliver high quality social/PR content to the local, European and global Brand Marketing teams.
- Anticipate store posts and newsletters in the consistent social media roll-out of the Newsroom, e-com team and the adidas Creators Club.
- Leverage existing communities (e.g., adidas Runners, The Sports Base, AFC, SCC…), Entertainment and Influence Marketing and Sports Marketing partners to amplify the overall adidas Berlin plan.
- Actively drive the achievement of set Creators Club & membership targets. Ensure relevant campaigns are linked with the membership programs – find new ways to connect physical and digital retail
- Maintain a constant connection and collaboration with the adidas Berlin/ Hamburg Store Management/Team to support a smooth and consistence process for Marketing Activation events.
- Know all relevant targets and how to achieve them to further support commercial opportunities in the store through activations and events.
- Proactively ensure all store staff are informed and educated to a high standard about plans in close cooperation with Store Manager and the Store Experience Team
- Actively participate on shopfloor and consumer-facing activities, ideally one peak day/month (e.g. Saturday) and during strong commercial periods/moments at least for ½ day.
VM and Windows
- Assist the MAM in the launch zone and window strategy and the ISC strategy with the VM team.
- Support the development of state-of-the-art, hyper local campaign executions to ensure an exciting and flawless consumer experience considering all relevant store touchpoints (windows, digital tools, launch zone, category lead-in etc.)
- Attend regular store walk throughs with the Store Manager, VM counterparts to ensure a flawless consumer journey.
- In collaboration with the MAM, build a strong internal network with back-office teams to enable creating a speed boat way of working.
- Know and use internal tools for daily efficiency (MWB tracker, GROW, SRM, DAB etc.)
- Europe and global Retail Marketing to execute the seasonal flagship store activation program
- Central channel including VM for support in delivering the UK brand campaigns
- Central Retail organization, Retail Director, District Director, Flagship Store Director, store development and other Key City store staff.
- Central Brand Marketing, key city team, PR and social team for connecting to the locally relevant influencers, to drive traffic and raise awareness of the flagship
- Central Sports Marketing, PR, Entertainment and Influencer Marketing.
- Local marketing agencies and vendors for various events and activations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced in being consumer obsessed, putting the consumer journey at the heart of everything to encourage dwell, conversion, engagement and traffic
- Great attention to detail with event management experience
- Good knowledge of the city’s sports, entertainment and influencer scene
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks while staying calm under pressure.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Solid business acumen and in-depth knowledge of Retail KPIs
- Creative and innovative, being proactive with ideas and always seeking new ways of working
- Confident nature to bring new ideas to the table and present them to senior stakeholders
- Passion for sport, the adidas brand and enthusiasm/energy for activation.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in marketing and sales or equivalent professional experience.
- 1-2 years retail or marketing experience (retail experience is a plus)
- Experience of relevant PR / marketing / events is an advantage.