Sports eyewear made our way.
VALLON is a fast-growing eyewear startup on a mission to reshape the look and purpose of sports eyewear. We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Operations Manager to join us at our Amsterdam office and take a leading role in helping us scale VALLON to new heights.
The ideal candidate, in addition to meeting the qualifications below, is passionate about the outdoors, possesses a highly entrepreneurial mindset, and a ‘do-whatever-it-takes’ attitude. Our Operations Manager will become a key pillar in helping VALLON realize its potential and become a leader for sports eyewear in years to come.
If this sounds like the challenge for you, send a CV and Cover Letter to:
We are looking for a highly organized Operations Manager who thrives off managing complex systems, possess an excellent eye for detail and is always the first to spot opportunities to improve. Your areas of responsibilities will include:
· You know the importance of ensuring every product we create is of the highest quality, using customer and manufacturer feedback to inform decisions that will minimize defects and maximize customer satisfaction. Working with and developing strong relationships with external partners is second nature to you.
· Ownership and responsibility for an efficient and dynamic supply chain. From purchasing all products, to packaging, to procuring other materials, you take a proactive approach and use projected sales forecasts to inform decisions, ensuring products are re-stocked in time to allow for rapid growth.
· You will continuously analyze our operations processes along the entire supply chain, ensuring our production is running as smoothly as possible and identifying and implementing any improvements.
· Ensuring all goods are packed to be ready-for-sale and transported to our warehousing solution on time.
· Responsible for ensuring customer orders are being fulfilled by our partners.
· Working seamlessly with customer support to ensure that returns are processed, and delivery problems are sufficiently and satisfactorily addressed.
· We believe there is no better way to familiarize yourself with our brand, customers and supply chain than to get stuck in from the start. This means that for the first few months, in order to learn the ropes, you will partly be carrying out customer support on a daily basis in conjunction with your other tasks. You will then be responsible for hiring customer support and training them in how we respond to customers.
· You understand how important customer satisfaction is to a growing business and you are comfortable analyzing data to spot opportunities or issues that will help us grow and improve.
· Being a small company, you will be expected to assist the team and occasionally taking charge of the many possible daily requirements, problems, initiatives, and opportunities that come with growing a business.
We are excited to have a new recruit join our team. The right person for the role will have:
· Proven ability to lead projects involving multiple partners to successfully finish projects on time.
· Excellent organizational skills with a strong analytical mindset – always looking for opportunities to improve processes and find efficiencies.
· A prestige-less and good-natured personality that will fit well with our team.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (English) in dealing with customers, employees, partners, and colleagues.
· BS/BA degree in management, operations, business, logistics, or related field.
· 4+ years’ experience in an operational role (operations, project management, procurement, fulfillment, logistics, or a related field).
Working hours / holidays
· 40 hours per week
· 25 days annual leave
· The opportunity to join a fast-paced environment with great growth prospects in a stimulating industry
· A small, international and ambitious team
· A sound work-life balance – we value time spent outdoors
· Family discount for all your sports eyewear needs
· Table tennis and team activities
· Friday beers to round off the week
Compensation based on experience.