We’re looking for a Financial Controller to be part of our brand new VF Distribution Centre in Coalville.
You may ask “Just who is VF?”. Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands. Household names such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling.
As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
We believe that our leaders have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us. That’s because we offer the support of a global organisation and provide the freedom for innovative solutions, drive change and ensure progress never stops.
What will the Financial Controller be responsible for?
* Monthly actuals process to Bardon and Nottingham DC (UK). Ensure that variances to forecast/expectations are appropriately investigated and reported to management as appropriate. Working closely and communicate clearly with the SSC on the SSC based financial processes;
* Monthly forecast – On monthly basis, prepare accurately the monthly forecast, take into account actuals variance and any new elements, in cooperation with the Director Distribution Operations and the EMEA Finance Director; Prepare forecast/budget decks to facilitate management review with the DC management team and EMEA Finance Director; Based on forecast and actuals trends, prepare summaries of risks/opportunities to help identify areas where management intervention is required;
* Capital Expenditure process – together with DC Director prepare annual plan of investments for Distribution center – On monthly basis keep track of actual spending and provide reconciliation for Y-t-G outlook -Update forecast for CAPEX expenditure.
* With the support of the EMEA Finance Director, provide the DC management team with key reports/analysis/tools to support the decision making and contribute actively in the decision making and driving efficiency. Work closely with the DC community to keep the expenses in line with the budget/forecast;
* Understand and use FICO SAP system for query and reporting and be able to retrieve data to be able to communicate with accounting/AP team;
* Understand the reporting structure in MPC/BPC and reports on both the Supply Chain and Europe Management books;
* Ad hoc internal reporting to both DC locations;
* Assist DC Management with internal systems – Procurement Coupa
How you’ll make a difference
We are looking for someone who has strong financial, numbers and analytical skills, with the ability to communicate on different levels and to motivate and manage a small team. The primary responsibility of the Financial Controller is to support the Finance Director Distribution and Logistics EMEA and the Distribution Centre Community and therefore the ability to work in a matrix organization and to communicate effectively is key to the success in this role.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary, benefits & pension scheme as well as a 50% staff discount on all our brands. However, it’s not just our products that set us apart from others.
Ultimately, our people make us who we are and for that reason, we believe they deserved to be nurtured.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer so much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* Fantastic health and wellbeing initiatives; we are also a “Time to Change” employer, committing to ending mental health discrimination in the workplace.
* At VF, we don’t just make the world’s best apparel and footwear, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet.
* So, if you like what you have read and would like to be considered for this Financial Controller role, we would love to hear from you.