Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Be the Brand’s face and voice, internally and externally, in the Market.
- Contribute to the development of the Brand’s global go-to-Market plan and implement it locally, including coordination with Market sub-units, and grow the business vertically in the Market.
- Directly contribute to the global strategic planning for the Brand via Global Brand Concepts-to-Consumer Head.
- Drive implementation of go-to-Market plans by Business Unit, including account plans by Category.
- Sharpen the Brand’s positioning/ perception, while strengthening its connection to athletes, consumers and other fitness stakeholders, in the Market.
- Lead and coordinate the alignment of global/local concept priorities and the identification of key business drivers throughout the Market.
- Represent the commercial and product needs of the Market to the Global Brand Concept-to-Consumer team.
- Constantly analyze business performance and seize business opportunities in the Market to meet and/or exceed KPIs and financial targets.
- Accountable for providing relevant information to set up local KPI with Global Concept-To-Consumer team.
- Drive the Market’s Strategic Business Plan to ensure alignment between go-to-Market strategies and the financial targets.
- Lead and steer the Market range selection process, with an aim to optimize efficiency based on the Global range.
- Lead and steer the execution of global and local Brand and fitness marketing strategies/concepts.
- Effectively manage the assigned Marketing Working Budget, optimizing its ROI.
- Be the communication point between the Managing Director EMEA and the Global Brand Concepts-to-Consumer team.
- Drive consumer/channel matrix management and ensure the Market has the proper tools and support to effectively implement the go-to-Market plan.
- Provide a clear vision and direction with relevant objectives and KPIs.
- Establish a high-performance culture and drive employee engagement, leading by example.
- Provide a suitable performance framework for direct reports by setting SMART performance targets and coaching for continuous improvement.
- Identify and develop high-potential talents, to fuel the team’s succession plan.
- Look for opportunities to provide cross-functional experiences to identified high-potential talents from both, in and outside of the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop and implement strategy
- Leading and managing a diverse team (incl. remote management)
- Strong presentation/communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Broad Marketing experience, with a distinct track record of success and high-level Merchandising knowledge
- Cross-functional experience across commercial functions (e.g. marketing, sales, etc.) and support functions (finance preferred), as well as different organizational levels (Global, Market, etc.)
- Strong industry knowledge, across divisions—footwear, apparel and accessories—and across all BUs
- Expert understanding of local Market’s consumers, accounts, economic environment and commercial needs
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in Business or equivalent professional experience, ideally in Sales and/or Marketing
- Sporting goods industry experience required
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in local language (if applicable) preferred