Team Leader (DC Returns)
Join us as a Warehouse Team Leader in the Returns department.
Before talking about the role… you may ask “Just who is VF?”
Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands, such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling.
As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
Our new Distribution Centre (DC) in Bardon, Coalville will go live soon and we’re looking for a Team Leader in the Returns area to join our team.
We believe that our associates have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us and you, as a Team Leader can play a pivotal role in reaching our day to day targets.
The Team Leader for Returns supports their operational area in line with the VF purpose and targets by:
* Driving a safety culture and ensure all colleagues on site have a safe working environment
* Motivate associates to deliver results and contribute to business success
* Delivering for the customer on time, in full
* Delivering area performance targets within budget
* Ensuing all policies and procedures are upheld in line with business expectations
* Coach, lead, motivate the Associates through role modelling and inspirational leadership
* Contribute to Shift and Department Team Briefings ensuring teams are aware of their responsibilities
* Manage the attendance of Associates in line with VFC policy
* Conduct regular associate one to one reviews to ensure feedback loop is present
* Brand Ambassador – promote the values of the business throughout your role and when representing the business off-site.
* Identify talent within the team through coaching and upskilling those who have potential to grow.
Background and Experience Profile
* Leadership of a team of associates containing both employed and agency personnel
* Experience in a returns or reverse logistics operation, within a supply chain or retail organisation
* The ability to communicate with associates and Area Managers. Presents information clearly, eliminating ambiguity.
* Committed to the achievement and maintenance of quality and best practice.
* Has presence and confidence that makes an immediate positive impression on others.
* Previous experience in a distribution centre, in particular an automated eCommerce, Retail and Wholesale environment with significant exposure to the apparel/footwear industry
* Use of Manhattan WMS and an Automation Warehouse Control System (WCS) such as TGW Commander
* Working with KPIs and performance metrics, giving feedback to teams on performance
* ‘O’ Level/GCSE Standard or above
* Fluent spoken and written English
What’s in it for you?
* We offer a competitive salary, benefits & pension scheme as well as a 50% staff discount on all our brands.
* However, it’s not just our products that set us apart from others. Our people make us who we are.
* That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer so much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles work together and express their true selves
* Fantastic health and wellbeing initiatives; we are also a “Time to Change” employer, committing to ending mental health discrimination in the workplace
* Great onsite facilities, a subsidized canteen, gym, a wonderful garden to relax in during break times
* Excellent family friendly policies to support associates through some of life’s most significant event
* At VF, we don’t just make the world’s best apparel and footwear, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet.
* So, if you like what you have read, we would love to hear from you.
VF is an Equal Opportunity employer
We’re committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and treating our associates and applicants without any discrimination.