Director Business Analytics
Area: Global Sales
Department: Digital Partner Commerce
GSMS Grade: M2
Direct Reporting Line: VP DPC
Indirect/secondary reporting line: n.a.
Number of Personnel Managed: 2
Cost Center/Budget and/or Revenue Responsibility:
At adidas we’re redefining our digital presence in a way that will push the future of Digital and create premium experiences across all our consumer touchpoints to drive brand desirability, engagement and sales for our adidas and Reebok brands. The wholesale.com team is driving this evolution: join us and help us shape this transformation.
As part of Wholesale.com team you’ll be part of a new Global team being built in Herzogenaurach. We are a dynamic, collaborative, curious and diverse English speaking team with a passion for both our partners and our Brand. You will work in an agile, fast-paced organization, who will work closely with our teams in the Markets, and are tasked with accelerating the experience and the sales of our products online through our wholesale partners.
I. General Purpose
Wholesale (WHS) currently is the biggest channel (>50%) within the adidas Sales Channels and still will be by 2020. Our plan is to grow high single digit year on year.
Our world is changing and the consumer is moving online, and we are seeing more browsing and purchasing happening in digital channels. As a result, many of our wholesale accounts are going through their own digital transformations and are investing in how they reach the consumer online, a new breed of accounts in the form of pure players and marketplaces have emerged and new business models on how we service or sell to consumers are appearing.
As a result of this trend we are expecting a decline in Bricks & Mortar (B&M) and a growth of digital business (from online via mobile to social commerce). WHS.com is therefore our single biggest opportunity towards 2020.
As Director Digital Business Performance Analytics at adidas you are responsible for the development of the digital business performance analytics function using global frameworks for data governance, integration, reporting and optimization. Your role will be to build the bridge between the global analytics team and wholesale and create multiple data bridges with our wholesale partners to derive timely and actionable insights.
This is a hands on role and within your practice, you oversee the development and delivery of cutting-edge analytics services to the Wholesale.com function and the Wholesale Key Account teams, enabling them to make fact-based decisions in their planning and trading cycles. Based on defined data sources, you will manage the generation of performance diagnostics and insights that help to achieve business sales plans.
You are contributing to creating a factual basis for future consumer experience optimization (search performance, content availability and quality, merchandising etc) and business development (product availability, replenishment etc).
III. Key Responsibilities
• Establish the analytics foundations for the Global & Market wholesale.com function, with guidance from the Global Digital Analytics function, leveraging existing tools and practices where possible to be able to hit the ground running
• Lead the execution and usage of defined analytics practices or platforms aligned to global frameworks, including service portfolio for:
• Operational Performance Diagnostics & Insights reporting
• Business performance diagnostics and insights reporting
• Management level and insights reporting
• Lead demand management for insights and analytics services within your area of responsibility.
• Lead the delivery of defined analytics services to stakeholders within the wholesale.com teams. Ensure analytics results drive consumer experience and business impact and help to achieve sales plans.
• Initiate improvement and when prioritized, work closely with the “adidas.com eCommerce Global Digital Analytics function”
• Advise market stakeholders on the value and use digital analytics to define goals, measure appropriate KPIs, monitor performance and derive trends and opportunities for the wholesale.com business
• giving guidance on which data points or data access we would like to have from our accounts
• validating quality of data
• integrating data into tools that enable us to track and grow business health
• Orchestrate consultancy to stakeholders. Ensure to provide actionable recommendations and calls for action based on gathered insights. Oversee that gathered insights are translated into engaging, actionable and easy to digest insights presentations.
• Establish and maintain a strong stakeholder network with high level of trust that facilitates action-ability of insights.
• Establish a fact-based culture in the organization by defining data driven decision processes.
• Work with Global Digital Analytics to improve reporting structures and transparency across our owned and Wholesale channel to create one view of the total digital business
• Work with Global Digital Analytics to distill best practices for the markets and other adidas stakeholders, maximizing the use of analytics capabilities
• Work with Global Sales finance to bring single view to our business.
• Build a strong internal and external network including key industry players, feeding latest trends and technological advances into the Global adidas Digital Analytics community.
IV. Key Relationships:
• Global Digital Brand (e)Commerce Digital Analytics
• Market / cluster / country business analysts
• Market Wholesale.com teams
• Market KA leads
• Global & Market Sales Finance
1. Education & Professional Experience
• University degree in the field of Business or equivalent
• 8+ years of experience in the area of data, analytics, planning
• A data driven thinker with extensive experience with numbers and deriving insights that lead to action
• Preferred but not a must, experience in eCommerce environment
• A passion for delivering data-based recommendations for quantifiable improvements in business results and consumer satisfaction.
• Ideal candidate would have the entrepreneurial gene, display curiosity and a desire to learn and grow and build something great
• Sufficient experience that they are a self-starter, know what questions to ask and a network to call upon to get support and guidance when venturing into new territory
• Outstanding communication & storytelling skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely at a level and language that is understood widely
• Very good influencing skills. This position will have a role to play in change management and increasing digital & data literacy of the wider network
• Profound experience with BI, Financial, Merchandising processes, tools and KPIs
• Preferred experience with analytics tools and disciplines (web, eCom, social, mobile, paid media, SEO, SEM, CRM, SQL etc.).
• Profound experience with data and also with visualization techniques.
• Experience with B2B sales data
• Excellent project management skills, including the ability to lead several projects simultaneously
• Proficient in MS Office, Alteryx and MSS.
• Fluent English both verbally and written