Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with the easy route planner. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all. And we’re good at it! Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times – and with 21 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews – komoot is on the way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
With increasing numbers of eyes on us, it’s time to elevate the komoot brand. We’re looking for a passionate designer with a background in marketing and branding to help us in our mission to establish komoot as the world’s most-loved outdoor brand.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
As our new brand designer you will help us build the most loved, lived and relatable brand in the outdoor community. You’ll join a kick ass team which gets to play with generous media, ads and community event budgets – a job every sane communication designer would want, and one every talented designer deserves! With over 21 million users, our platform ensures your work will be seen and heard.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Team up with our design team to create brand assets and campaigns for a wide variety of uses and mediums.
- Design and implement beautiful campaigns to inspire millions of outdoor enthusiasts.
- Use your various design skills for a diverse range of communication assets — such as campaign landing pages, social media assets, and mobile ads.
- Test and optimize your work to ensure our message reaches our target audience.
- Working alongside our design and marketing teams, develop and refine our visual language to strengthen our brand identity.
Why you’ll love it
- You’ll work in a flat hierarchy structure, where ideas are heard and implemented without multiple levels of gatekeeping.
- You’ll enjoy an environment where creative freedom is valued, and unhindered by client demands or controlling bosses.
- Your designs will have real impact as you help us in shaping komoot’s emerging brand identity.
- You have the freedom to organize yourself the way you work best, using the tools you love.
- Your work will inspire millions of cyclists, hikers and outdoor enthusiasts all over the world.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, our headquarters in Potsdam or anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 5+ years of experience in communications graphic design.
- Have excellent graphic design and typography skills that you use to visualize ideas and concepts.
- Have experience in creating successful advertising campaigns.
- Have a hands-on attitude and are highly self-driven.
- Designing and coding emails skills are a plus.
- Understand how to analyse the research, find the opportunities for brand growth and use your creativity to surprise and engage our community.
Sound like you?
Great, we would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- A resume (in English) highlighting your relevant experience.
- A little note on why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Relevant examples of your work.
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter or Instagram profile or your Dribble account.
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on classes, events, conferences, boot camps, or books for your curiosity and personal development, you decide!
- Blinkist subscription and discounts with outdoor brands like Patagonia and Wahoo
- Flexible working hours and locations
- 3 all-expenses paid Company gatherings per year
- The latest devices and equipment
- And more…