We’re looking for a highly motivated lead product designer (f/m/d) who loves an adventure in the mountains as much as they love creating magical user experiences.
Location: Chamonix and/or Remote (within reasonable travel distance of our Chamonix HQ)
Lead Product Designer Responsibilities
- Lead the design and user experience of the core experience in our mobile and web applications.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Take broad, conceptual, or incomplete ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products.
- Design end-to-end flows and experiences that hide complexity and are simple and elegant.
- Designing end-to-end experiences on web, Android, and iOS.
- Define, craft, and evolve designs within visual systems and standards.
- Research and integrate user feedback and business requirements into small and fast ongoing product experience iteration.
- Identify and advocate for the prioritisation of design centred changes, refinements, and improvements when they have outsized impact.
Experience / Requirements
- Experience in building and shipping real world mobile applications at the level of whole features/products that encompass an end-to-end experience.
- Experience building products in a small company or startup environment.
- Ability to lead and ideate products from scratch and improve features, all with a user-centered design process.
- Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, colour, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function.
- Experience representing work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts.
- Solid knowledge of modern interaction patterns on Android and iOS.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile (i.e. Android and iOS).
- Knowledge and experience working with social / marketplaces / online communities or community-based platforms.
- A growth mindset, a passion for continuous improvement and a relentless pursuit of results.
- An extraordinary portfolio, with focus on UX and interaction design that delivers business outcomes.
What we offer
- 3 inspiring office hubs in Chamonix, Berlin, and Vilnius
- Flexible and remote working – working adventure trips are encouraged.
- Really awesome technical setup (laptop, screens, headset, etc.) of your choice
- All your outdoor gear at pro pricing
- Unlimited reference and learning materials – for your work and adventures!
- Regular team/company trips to outdoor adventure destinations
- Free use of our Chamonix apartment – 100m from the lift and surrounded by the biggest mountain range in Europe! With a stash of gear including tents, bouldering mats, sleeping bags, harnesses, ropes to borrow for free any time you like.
- New friends to explore with.