For over 50 years Vans has been about the people that have made the brand “Off The Wall”. The people that chose this simple canvas shoe and adopted it to express themselves creatively. At the end of the day it’s not only about the product, it’s what those products mean that make the difference – what they mean to those of us who design, manufacture, and market them, and what they mean to you, our Vans family, who affix our personality to your own.
The Retail and PSS Director is responsible drive the vision and overall strategy for the European retail business for full price stores, outlets, and concession doors working with the field team to drive best practices consistency, operational excellence and to maximize growth and profitability. He is also responsible to implement and secure operational excellence on our partner doors.
This role will be responsible to develop strategies to achieve results through the retail network, consistently driving top-line sales and 4 wall contribution as well leader the implementation of omnichannel capabilities by setting KPI and team knowhow in partnership with VF stakeholders.
He/she will be responsible for the development of all retail employees through training, coaching and supervision within budgeted goals and expectations, by developing and spread the true Vans spirit and attitude across all our and partner store staffs.
The Retail and PSS Director will lead the team of Regional Managers and District Managers who are then responsible of managing a Region of Mono Brand Stores in EMEA.
* Develop and execute retail sales forecast based on regional growth strategy
* Ensure stores exceed comp sales (where applicable) and sales plan by training and coaching employees
* Monitor sales and profit & loss performance and implement corrective measures to improve
* Responsible for payroll goals, shrink reduction, conversion, UPT and average transaction
* Find new and exciting ways to attract customers by reviewing promotional packages and making recommendations to retail marketing team
* Maximize sales and cost control in order to improve Owned & Operated stores profitability
* Build and maintain best in class sales force team across EMEA
* Communicate with Store Managers/DMs regularly
* Motivate and train teams to drive retail sales to the fullest potential
* Implement and lead omnichannel in store best in class service
* Ensure that teams achieve the highest merchandising and other retail standards throughout.
* Ensure enforcement of all relevant HR policies/procedures
* Assess and lead talent recruitment, hiring and developing the best team
* Mentor and develop key performers to meet succession needs
* Build positive team relationships, coaching staff on ethical behaviours
* Promote and encourage our Vans culture
* Ensure compliance with health and safety requirements, including appropriate training
* Partner with HR teams
Knowledge and Competencies
* 10+ years’ experience in Retail Leadership
* Passion for Vans and the lifestyle it represents
* Fluent English. Any additional European languages will be considered a plus
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Strong People Management skills
* Proactive, creative and flexible