For over 50 years Vans has been about the people that have made the brand “Off The Wall”. The people that chose this simple canvas shoe and adopted it to express themselves creatively. At the end of the day it’s not only about the product, it’s what those products mean that make the difference – what they mean to those of us who design, manufacture, and market them, and what they mean to you, our Vans family, who affix our personality to your own.
The Allocation Trainee is responsible to analyze the allocation metrics and collaborate with the Buying and Planning teams to identify and implement allocation strategies in EMEA Direct-to-Consumer channel.
This role requires to support the entire Allocation Team to monitor the performance of assigned classifications to ensure inventory levels, assortments, quantities and size are appropriate to achieve the company’s sales and profitability objectives.
What will you do?
* Supporting the development and the execution of merchandise allocation strategies
* Track classification/style performance weekly and adjust allocation strategies to maximize sales opportunities and minimize markdown liability
* Create and analyze ad-hoc reporting as needed to support allocation/business decisions
* Oversee density of exception stores, support allocation strategies and consolidate the balance of full price and outlet stores inventory in partnership with Allocation Manager, Planning and Buying teams
* Create replenishment metrics for Basic/Never Outs styles, analyze results weekly and recommend needed adjustments
* Providing performance trends of size selling and make recommendations to your merchandising team
* Analyze assortment plans with the Buying team to ensure alignment for execution
* Build strong collaborative partnerships with the team to meet shared goals
What you need to succeed?
* Bachelor’s degree
* fluent in English. Other languages will be a plus
* Proficiency in all Microsoft office programs, and especially in Excel
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills
* Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
What’s in it for you?
* Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand
* Join a multi brand, multi countries organization to drive you career forward
* International, fun yet challenging working culture