You may ask “Just who is VF?”
* Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands. Household names such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling.
* As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
* We’re excited to announce that our new Distribution Centre in Bardon, Leicester will be operating from April 2021.
* VF are currently recruiting for several roles in our new Distribution Centre in Bardon, Coalville.
* We would like to open this vacancy to candidates who would consider taking a step up into an Area Manager role.
* We believe that our associates have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us. That’s because we offer the support of a global organization and provide the freedom for innovative solutions to drive change and ensure progress never stops.
* We foster a diverse and inclusive environment which allows us to thrive in the current market and to push all creative boundaries.
What will the Area Manager be responsible for?
VF will offer relevant training & support in all these areas, all we require is that he/she demonstrates strong emotional intelligence, with a passion to learn, lead and engage!
* Support associates to ensure all tasks are carried out to standard processes
* Support and Develop our associates to help them achieve their targets
* Ensure the area delivers for the customer right first time, every time
* Ensure the Plan is delivered to volume, cost and efficiency.
* Contribute to Shift and Department Team Briefings ensuring teams are aware of site activity and targets
* Manage the attendance of Associates in line with VF policy
How you’ll make a difference
* We are looking for someone who has mentoring/supervisory experience in a retail or warehousing environment – maybe you’re not a manager yet but want to be.
* You’ll be working in a fast-moving environment providing a high standard of leadership to a team of VF and agency associates.
* You will have the ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written formats across all levels of the Logistics function.
* The primary responsibility of this person will be to manage the operational area to meet departmental targets, maximizing the performance of associates and teams in line with VF’s purpose and targets. You’ll lead with enthusiasm and empathy.
What’s in it for you?
* We offer a competitive salary, benefits & pension scheme as well as a 50% staff discount on all our brands.
* However, it’s not just our products that set us apart from others.
* Ultimately, our people make us who we are and for that reason, we believe they deserved to be nurtured.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer so much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together and are free to express their true selves.
Fantastic health and wellbeing initiatives; we are also a “Time to Change” employer, committing to ending mental health discrimination in the workplace.
Great onsite facilities, including a subsidized canteen, gym, plus a wonderful garden to relax in during break times.
Excellent family friendly policies to support associates through some of life’s most significant events.
Salary Range : £30,000 – £36,000, depending on experience.
At VF, we don’t just make the world’s best apparel and footwear, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet.
So, if you like what you have read and would like to be considered for this Area Manager role, we would love to hear from you.
We particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented/minority groups.
Location: Leicestershire, England