Join our team as Warehouse Operatives!
Before talking about the role… you may ask “Just who is VF?”. Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands, such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling. As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
Our new Distribution Centre in Coalville will be opening in the coming months and we’re looking for Warehouse Operatives to join our team in Bardon (Leicestershire).
You will work alone or as part of a team to deliver set performance targets to ensure our logistics operation run smoothly.
What is a Warehouse Operative be responsible for?
We want our customers to be happy when they receive their orders and be ready for a run or a new outfit… this ultimately depends on you!
Your day by day duties will involve:
* Receiving, Checking and Sorting Cartons and Pallets either manually or through automated systems
* Picking items for orders either through automated goods-to-person stations or manually
* Reworking and packing products to the customers’ requirements for our VAS (Value Added Services)
* Processing returns ensuring customers items are correctly accounted
How you’ll make a difference?
We expect you to follow all procedures and instructions ensuring Health and Safety standard are met at all times. For this reason, it is important to have a good level of spoken and reading English to interact with Supervisors, DC Trainers and Team Leaders.
You will be precise and handle all goods to the correct quality for our customers. You will make sure all items are counted, checked and processed.
It would be great if you already have experience in a distribution centre, retail or production lines, however we have training in place to help our associates to succeed and improve!
What’s in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary (£9.75 ph), benefits & pension scheme as well as a 50% staff discount on all our brands. However, it’s not just our products that set us apart from others. Our people make us who we are.
That’s why, on top of standard benefits, we offer so much more:
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities work together and express their true selves
* Fantastic health and wellbeing initiatives; we are also a “Time to Change” employer, committing to ending mental health discrimination in the workplace
* Great onsite facilities, including a subsidized canteen, gym, plus a wonderful garden to relax in during break times
* Excellent family friendly policies to support associates through some of life’s most significant events
At VF, we don’t just make the world’s best apparel and footwear, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet.
So, if you like what you have read, we would love to hear from you. VF is an Equal Opportunity employer. We’re committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and treating our associates and applicants without any discrimination.