Love getting your nose deep in marketing strategies, and using your experience to devise tactics for the Dutch and Belgian market which support your strategies?
We’re looking for a regional marketing manager to work with our PR pro Fiola, and Ruby, our Community Manager for the Netherlands and Belgium. You’ll get the chance to lead the regional strategy for the local outdoor industry, and experiment to your heart’s content with tactics that’ll be implemented by our in-house team as well as agencies on the ground.
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s Komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times! Today, with over 19 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, Komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
Komoot is still quite new in the Netherlands and Belgium but already these are two of our fastest-growing markets. We want to build on this success and accelerate brand awareness and user growth amongst cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager who’ll take responsibility for our strategy to make komoot the largest platform for cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts in Belgium and the Netherlands. Join our fully remote team of 70 people and change the way people explore with us.
What you will do
- Develop a marketing plan to drive brand awareness and user growth in your market
- Team up with Ruby – our Community Manager to implement a multi channel marketing strategy
- Work with local agencies to run marketing campaigns across various segments
- Identify and negotiate key partnerships to drive growth in you market
- Monitor trends and assess the performance of your market
- Ensure alignment with our global brand and marketing initiatives
Why you will love it
- You’ll take full responsibility for the strategy in two fast growing markets
- Your work will inspire cyclists and hikers to have great outdoor experiences
- You’ll work in an agile team where you can act flexibly and test new marketing tactics
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the forest, your house, a co – working space of your choice, or anywhere else in Belgium and the Netherlands.
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 7+ years of experience in digital marketing for a consumer company
- Have a deep understanding of the outdoor and cycling markets in these regions
- Have experience leading and managing a team
- Have already had strategic responsibility and developed marketing plans
- Have run brand and performance campaigns in various digital and analog channels
- Bonus: Have managed the collaboration with marketing and PR agencies
- Bonus: Have experience in business development
- Have strong analytical skills and the capacity to take data-informed decisions
- Have strong communication skills, a hands-on attitude and are highly self-driven
- Speak Dutch at a native level, French at a native level is a big plus
Sound like you?
We want to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your relevant experience
- A little note on why you are interested in working at komoot
- Relevant examples of your work (see application form)
- Something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Vimeo, Instagram account or your blog
- We love it when people go the extra mile, so you’ll get bonus points for doing something creative with komoot
At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?